Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"A Laugh is a Smile that Bursts" Mary H. Waldrip

Life is full of so many unpredictable and questionable circumstances, and unfortunately it's been proven this week.  Yet in all the sadness and heartache that has occurred, there are still so many things to be joyous about.

Tonight as I was sitting next to my dear husband working away on a school assignment, he turns to me and says "why do you do that all the time?  You need to go stand over there on that pedestal (the table) and entertain me... tell me a joke."  So I said, "ok" and marched straight over to the little end table across the room and crawled on top of it.  Laughing hysterically and seeing the surprised look in Justin's eyes, I started my joke. 

It went something like this....

Knock, Knock
Who's There?
Dwayne
Dwayne Who?
Dwayne the Bathtub, I'm Dwowning

Giggling my way through the joke while being accompanied by Justin's laughing support added a little [necessary] humor to our evening.  This was truly a memorable moment that probably will never happen again; however, because of the unpredictability of the situation – it was sincere, priceless, and refreshing.  Laughter really is medicine for the soul and I'm just thankful I have someone special to laugh with every day.

I have had so much to think about this week and it really puts life into perspective.  Enjoy every moment, take nothing for granted, laugh often and love more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment